1.21.2010

Why Are We So Busy?

I don't have much time to make an epic post, like they usually are (joke), but I figure that I should blog now before we have to hit the open road for another excursion. I swear, I have been on more excursions this past week than I have in my life. You think I'm kidding.

I'm not.

Yesterday we took a city bus tour, which I sort of enjoyed. It was one of those +/- things, because while it was cool we got to see a lot of the city in a small amount of time, and there are some pretty sweet things around here. We went by the stadium, built between 1929 and 1930 in order to host the World Cup. We drove by the port, where it was noted that many drunken sailors hangout, and we stopped at a bronze statue in order to take a picture, and Alex almost got thrown in the pond. Hilarious. The coolest part was, however, went we went to the "big" hill that Montevideo was named after. That was probably my favorite part. We got to see the entire city from the hill, it was clear and beautiful and you could see the ocean for miles and miles and miles. It's a haunting and comforting feeling at the same time. I rather enjoy the sea.
The area that we were in wasn't the best, which made me sad, because I would love to just go sit at that hill all the time. But I would probably get mugged. Or something. And that would not be good. I don't want to have half of my pictures in Uruguay with black eyes. Or stitches. Ew.

We also went to a very cool cemetery that had all sorts of epic tombstones. There are a few pictures of it on my facebook, but my battery died right as we got there. Awesome, I know. But I took a lot of videos that I am debating posting because it just makes us (me) look like idiot(s). I kind of want to post the cat one because that was hilarious. We wanted to pet these kittens (yes. I am now obsessed with cats) and as we were walking over to one, Crazy Cat Lady, latina style, started yelling at us, saying that we are scaring them and that they wouldn't eat if we were there because we were scaring them. It was sliiiightly embarrassing. But still. I don't know the feeding schedule of the Cat Lady. We all felt slightly awkward but then we felt better once we heard her yelling at the cats as well. We all became united under a rainbow of abuse that day. It was a beautiful thing.

I like how I did the order our day backwards. That is amusing to me. Because we definitely went to the cemetary first. And passed the stadium last.

I think that for about 2 more months my Tuesday/Thursdays are going to be the days where I feel like a fantastic moron. Terrorism studies makes me feel like a fool. And after getting served by some subjective terms about highly reactionary topics, I get to attempt to understand a language that more often than not doesn't make sense. It kind of feels like in terrorism I am someone in the CIA trying to dechiper a ancient code in a computer and then when I'm in Spanish I feel like I am trying to force myself through an Amazon jungle with a dull machete. I mean, I know that it will get better, but right now, I'm rather frustrated.

(p.s. Right now I am listening to the coolest song ever. It's called Alice No Pais Da Maladragem. It's by Da Lata featuring Pedro Martin. Freaking awesome)

I must also say that I have never had to read this much in my life. I have 6 books. That have to be completed. Super epic sauce. Too bad only 2 of them are interesting. Sad.

I sound so pessimistic. I really am not. I am having a fantastic time. I'll get through it.

But for now, The Legislative Palace calls.

Paz.

No comments:

Post a Comment