1.10.2010

Boring Title. Impending Travel. Uncertainty.

I really have nothing to say other than I am in Texas, which just makes me smile.
But then also makes my stomach do a gymnastics act that would make Shawn Johnson jealous.

Because I am so close to leaving.
Scared.Nervous.Terrified.Excited.Anxious.Sad.

Not ready.

Yet this is the kind of opportunity I've dreamed about. Getting on a plane to some foreign place, getting ready for some big adventures and new experiences. New people, new learning opportunities. All mine. All sorts of moments that are just sitting in Uruguay, waiting for me to be seized and throttled within an inch of their lives.

But it's up to me to take them. To make sure I gather and throttle so many moments that Uruguay cannot even see straight. I pray to God that I will only be so bold as to take those moments, and not let them pass me by.

I hope I can stay consistent in this blog, because I know a lot of people are back home, wanting to read it. So I will to my best to write beautiful and humorous descriptions about this foreign land that will undoubtedly worm its way into my heart. I hope that lovely words will pour from my fingers and into this blog, and I hope that growth and maturity and certainty will emerge, like the fingers on the beach of Punto del Este.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment