1.19.2010

A Change in the Weather.

I just realized that I can change the fonts and colors on my blog.

Well, I can't change them a lot, I just a few. But I can change the colors. Whoopee. I feel like I can go crazy.

It's raining here in Uruguay. It's a nice change, I must say, from it being hotter than the dickens and me walking around sweating something terrible. That and my feet swelling up to inappropriate proportions My feet were definitely the size of Canada last night and it was unpleasant. I didn't really know what to do. But thankfully it is cooler. So I don't have to worry now. I honestly wouldn't mind if it stayed like this for a long, long time. Because most of my clothes are getting laundered and I would like it to stay like this for a while so I can wear stuff I haven't been able to normally.

Day two of class today. And I must say it's exhausting. Really, really exhausting. First I had my Terrorism Studies class, which I have a feeling is going to be fantastic because the group in there is so strange. In a good way, of course. But there's only like 6 of us, so it's bound to get weird. But you know what? That's ok. I'm excited to see what will happen in that class. Then after that, I had my advanced conversation class. That was legitimately the most draining experience I have ever had in my life. You think I am kidding. But straight up. I am not tripping. It was exhausting. Again, it's a small class, which is good, but there was so much Spanish going on. I definitely had to focus. Which isn't bad. But still. It was super intense. We just learned about the men that ride around on carts pulled by horses that pick up things that are recyclable and sell them to big recycling companies. Which was interesting. I learned lots of new verbs. I see a few of those men in carts around in the streets from time to time. It's kind of cool because it harkens (is that a word) back to the good old days, but then it's sad at the same time because that's how they make their money; going through trash.

Today we walked to the Catholic University. I am super pumped to go there next week. I am slightly nervous because my teacher is either a crazy German man who is impossible or a cool woman who is just cool. I dunno. But I know that I have to walk there twice a week starting next week for a literature class. It's not a bad walk. I initially thought that it was terrible, but it really isn't that far. And doesn't take that long. But there I must walk. It was a bust because on the way back it started pouring. Not just raining. Like, legitimate soakage happened. My bag, dress, and shoes were completely soaked. My mascara was running down my cheeks and my hair looked like I was just washed up on a beach. Super attractive. But I changed and it is cool enough to wear my flannel shirt comfortably. Soo I am wearing it. I feel like I have a lot of work, but I don't at the same time. I've done all of my reading and spanish hw but I probably should go through my readings again, and read The Purple Land for my arts class, though I don't really want to. I didn't quite realize how much reading I have. And I have to share books, which peeves me. Not that I don't want to share, I just don't want to be looking for a book when I want to read it. But whatever. I'll get over it. Life is about sacrifices.

This is kind of a pointless blog. I feel like I'm doing this blog all wrong. I have nothing really interesting to say, but I didn't think that every time I blogged I would. I'm trying to think of anything super fascinating that happened, but nothing speaks to me. Because I just had leftovers. And did homework. Well, other than that I walked and got school supplies. And soap. Or something. Yea. Nothing super exciting to report. Except I still want my gatito very very badly.

K. I'll stop now. Since all of my blogs are apparently too long.

Paz .

No comments:

Post a Comment