12.14.2009

Ohh The Joys of Having Infinite Amounts of Time on My Hands...

So maybe this blog won't all be about Uruguay. But I think it might, it just isn't now because I am not actually in Uruguay. So, until then, it's going to be my thoughts. Well actally I'm sure it's going to hold my thoughts in Uruguay as well, but since I originally said that I was going to make this a travel blog, and as of right now, it's not, it is going to be an outlet for my thoughts and frustrations and whatever. Maybe some dreams. Who knows.

I've been driving around a lot since I got home and I must say that there is nothing that makes me happier than driving around in Newport Beach. 17th Street and Harbor Boulevard freaking make me smile as I drive around, blasting Michael Jackson or some country song or 'Tik Tok' or something like that. I was driving around OCC and I was thinking about all of the fun times I've had with my best friend, like açai bowls during a break in our History class from hell. Or getting Boba and sitting in the parking lot talking our senior year while I was texting a boyyyyy ;) Or that one time we got creeped on when we were singing Michael Jackson at the top of our lungs. Or that other time we drove alllllll the way up the street looking for hookers, but to our dismay, did not find any. I remember all of the good times we had and all of the laughter that was shared on these streets. We got each other. We listened. We understood. We laughed. A LOT. And I just think about it, even though I love Texas and I wish every day that I could be back in the land of salt, oil, and ethnocentricism, I love these streets. These are the places I grew up and figured out, at the bare minimum, who I was, who I want to be, and who I am becoming. I feel as though all of the places my feet will tread will have some kind of impact like that, but the initial steps of discovery were made here. And I cannot forget those. At the same time I don't have many other ones to remember, but I think these, as my first and formative years, will hold a special place to me. Texas cannot replace them. India cannot replace them. Africa cannot replace them. And I don't think Uruguay can either. Yet each has formed me. Each has changed me and my heart, has brought about new experience that I would not have received another way. So with this, I must take my gained experiences and embrace what each of them was and is, and not wish I had grown and experienced other things and places.




As far as things on the Uruguay front go, I have no so much as googled a single, solitary thing. Let's start now.

*CIA World Factbooks Uruguay*
Well. That was sufficiently unhelpful. I now know that Uruguay is full of white, spanish speaking Catholics. Jolly good. I know am so much more informed about my impending home.

This must take more investigating.
Since, apparently, Uruguay is a mystery in my writing.

I'm basically psyched out of my pants for this adventure.

Bring it life. Bringggg ittttt.

No comments:

Post a Comment