2.15.2010

Matéholic.

And so the obsession with mate has started. Raquel showed me and The Brother how to put it together, so sipped it all the way through house meeting, and it is quite delicious. Addicting, rather. I am sitting on my bed with my gourd blogging about nothing. As is a day in the life.

Not really. I actually have tons to do that I intend to finish in the next few hours. I listed it all on my facebook, but it's primarily just a lot of papers. And reading. Now that is the story of my life.

Yesterday was Valentine's day. And no, that was not why I did not write yesterday. I did n0t write because there was not a ton to note about the day. I didn't get flowers or candy or anything. Yet somehow, I feel as though I can deal. A bunch of us went and saw the Valentine's Day movie, which was really cute. And funny. It made me laugh a lot, and it had all sorts of celebrities in it. And it was in English, with Spanish subtitles. Win. I don't really have much to say about Valentine's day. I don't think that it should be as commercialized, but I don't think it should be hated so much and boycotted like it is. I think it should just be a normal day where you can do something special for someone. It's just cuter if it's on that day. If that makes any sense. It probably doesn't. Whatever.

(P.s. I am currently playing Hilary Hahn in my ears. Glorious.)

The weather gods have been uncharacteristic in their kindness to Montevideo. It is cool, literally. I got cold last night. Granted, I still have my fan going, but it is more like an accessory to the coolness instead of being the only reason I can survive.

Lent is coming up and I am contemplating if there is something I should give up. I don't really know what it would be, but since the Brother was making me feel all guilty about it, I don't know if I am going to do it, but I want to give up English. That would be the hardest thing I have given up ever. I would cry every day for the first two weeks, but then it would get a lot easier. I really want to get better at Spanish, and I know that it would definitely help me improve. The only times that I wouldn't speak in Spanish would be in class, talking to my parents, and when I blog.

That is a lot of Spanish. I don't know if I want to do that. But then I think about it and what else would I give up? The Brother told me that it's something you sacrifice in order to realize your sins and repent, but if I give up facebook or something, I don't see how that is so much better than English. I feel like English could be something really good to give up because it is so close to to the core of me, it's the language I think and feel and reason in, and to give that up and take on a new way of doing that I feel is a considerable sacrifice. And I feel like when I have to translate everything in my head into Spanish, it will make me step back and look at the things that I say all the time. Which is definitely needed. But I don't know. I shall see.

I got really, really sunburned on Saturday.

I still need to plan my Spring Break trip! I am seriously looking into an Amazon boating adventure. But I really want to four wheel in Easter Island too. I really just want to go by myself to Easter Island. Or just walk around the Lake District in Chile alone. I don't know why people think that's weird.

Anyway, off to work.

Paz.

No comments:

Post a Comment