3.20.2010

Spring Break is Upon Us.

I am currently sitting in a hostel in Mendoza, Argentina. And I have to say that I basically adore my life right now.

The super athletic running chick that I live with and adore told me that I am writing the story of my life, and no one else is. Only me. And I have decided that at this present moment I am writing I have probably not been happier. And I don't really know why. I am sitting on a tiny chair at a tiny table, listening to a blend of English and American accents, with football on the tv and Latin music coming from the speakers. All I have with my is a backpack filled with books and socks, and, literally, a sense of adventure. I can go and explore and do and be and all sorts of things here. We are currently having a down day, where we are trying to plan out our days, and we are thinking about rafting and repelling and just being wonderful. I was going to attempt to describe why I love life so much, but it's basically impossible. I just feel like my soul has woken up and that this is what I want to do forever. Which I know is what every college student says, but I really feel like it's true. I could do this for the rest of my life and not regret it. I know I am channelling Che and Alexander McCandless to the umpteeth degree, but I could just go around contemplating the sorrow and injustice in the world and being one with the world for a while. Actually, not for a while. I probably would never get tired of it.

We actually got here about an hour ago. We took the most legitimate way to arrive in Mendoza, on a first class bus. And let me tell you, I don't know why we don't do this in the United States. First off, it was only about 77 US dollars, which is brilliant. We climb on the bus after handing over our backpacks and see that there are only about 24 seats on the top floor. We sat in our huge, plush seats and quickly discovered that they recline all the way back. Into a bed. Yea, that's right. A bed. There was also a step that you could fold up to rest your legs. You got a blanket, pillow, and, best of all, free candy and wi-fi. WI-FI. So awesome. I was free texting everyone and freaking out and it was lovely. They gave us dinner, put on Catch Me If You Can, and took our coffee orders for breakfast the next morning. Going on the bus was the most excellent decisions of my life. I got a ton of sleep, and woke up ready to face the awesomeness that is Mendoza.

I seriously love this. I.seriously.love.this.so.freaking.much.

1 comment:

  1. I am so freaking jealous. Why don't we have first class buses here? that's fantastic. I want to just roam about and explore a wonderful, fantastic and amazing land..

    ReplyDelete